Pages

Friday 12 February 2016

A Day in Rome

Panoramic view of magnificent Colosseum in Rome 

Magnifico Roma! Rome, known for being one of the fashion capitals in the world, is the largest city and capital of Italy, Europe. The city known for its heritage buildings such as the historic colosseum, is the favorite spots for tourists to visit. What to do in a day in Rome? Lets find out..
Historical Trevi Fountain with its sculptural architecture


Morning: Wake up fresh and get ready to check out Domiziano in Piazza Navona, a cafe known for its fresh espressos with hazelnut ice-cream. Visit Colosseum, a UNESCO Heritage site and Trevi fountain, one of the most famous fountains in the world that aren't far from the cafe. (Hint: Make a wish by throwing a coin in the fountain) If you want to try Gelato ice-creams, check out the parlors across fountain.
Aerial view of  St. Peter's Square

Afternoon:  Once you're done with delicious ice-creams, don't miss visiting Vatican. The small country, known for depiction of roman catholic civilization. Vatican city is known for its major attractions such as St. Peters Basilica and Sistine Chapel. 

Evening: Time for shopping! Visit via Condotti, the busies street for shopping. You'll find all high notch brands such as Gucci, Armani, Dior etc that'll provide you a classy look. Dinner is always sumptuous in Rome with Pizzas and Pastas. The pizzas in Rome are thin-crusted and massive that'll be sufficient to fill your tummy. 

Night: Night in Rome is magnificent. You can enjoy a comfortable sleep after a long day or check out the nightlife in the historic city in Italy.

12 comments:

  1. The Colosseum is on my list of places I want to visit. What was your favourite experience in Rome?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading my blog and commenting on it. Colosseum is certainly one of the best places to visit in world.

    If I may talk about my favourite experience, I'd recall visiting Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel as one of the best things I must have done in Rome. Do check Vatican since I'm sure you'll fall in love with it. I hope it helps you add another place to your bucket list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To my fellow travel bug, love this post! Rome was magical. I hope to be back there this summer! I would love to hear more about your adventures over a cup of espresso! My favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by and replying to my post. Rome is magnificent. The best moment in the city was when I was walking there was street music playing around. I hope my blog interests you and allows you to read with a cup of espresso!

      Delete
  4. Could Rome be any more gorgeous? I love the idea that one of the oldest cities in the world, is still a bustling metropolis. When I finally venture over to Italy, Rome will definitely be one of my stops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Michelle! Rome was spectacular. The words are less to define it. The best part of it? It's the only city with a small country existing inside it. Do not forget to have Gelato Icecream ranging from €2.50 to 2.75 with all kind of flavours imagine..and oh yeah..Keep reading my blog with a cup of espresso!!

      Delete
  5. Being half Italian, it is my dream to go to Italy and drink an espresso at a little cafe! Very nice looking blog Jay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my post Giacomo! Its splendid to know your background and how your roots follow back to Italy. It's cherishing to imagine visiting a small cafe and have a cup of espresso with violin playing around. It's the best moment anyone can ever have. Thanks for the appreciation. Looking forward to your visit to have an imaginational ride to cities around the world..with obviously a cup of espresso!!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for checking out the Rome edition on my blog. It absolutely is one of the most charming places in the world that has a lot to offer. I hope my post helps you build your plans to have an Italian visit. Perhaps it'll be a Roman visit. Keep checking my posts on Travel Expresso..as always while sipping an Espresso!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for checking out the Rome edition on my blog. It absolutely is one of the most charming places in the world that has a lot to offer. I hope my post helps you build your plans to have an Italian visit. Perhaps it'll be a Roman visit. Keep checking my posts on Travel Expresso..as always while sipping an Espresso!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a history buff and graduate from Brock University. To travel to Rome would be my ideal trip.

    ReplyDelete